Room Selection is performed every spring – this year it will take place in February-April. The Room Selection process is for our current returning students. New students joining in Fall 2023 will complete a separate process over the summer. Please read each step to make sure you understand the 2023-2024 process.
*Current commuters and remote students are welcome and eligible for Room Selection. Commuters and remote students must follow all steps and meet all deadlines listed. Refer to Step 5, Lottery Numbers, for more information.
Step 1: Eligibility Requirements
Step 2: Choosing a Roommate
Step 3: Finding a Room
Step 4: The Online Housing Application / Intent Form (Due March 31st 11:59 PM – HARD DEADLINE)
Step 5: Lottery Numbers
Step 6: Room Selection Time Frames
Important Housing Documents, Guides, and Links
Important Dates to Remember
- February 8th → Housing Application available
- March 24th by 4PM → ADA/504 Housing Accommodation paperwork due
- March 31st 2022 by 11:59 PM → Housing Application & roommate matching DUE (HARD DEADLINE)
- Housing Application due (via online system)
- Roommates must be fully matched
- April 10th – April 14th → Room selection days (you will be emailed your appointment time)
- Thursday, June 1st at 4 PM → Students must clear all SFS holds and be registered for a full academic course load (minimum 12 credits) for Fall 2023 or they will be removed from their housing assignment.
- If this happens there is no guarantee that their original assignment will be available once they registered for Fall 2023 classes.