Random Individual Lottery Numbers & Group Lottery Numbers
The Residence Life Office will assign a Random Individual Lottery Number to each person. Random Lottery Numbers are assigned using the Housing Software Program based on your Year Of Graduation (YOG). We will post the results of the Random Lottery Number assignment on the Housing Portal. The Random Individual Lottery Number that is allocated to you is averaged with your roommate group to make your GROUP Lottery Number. The GROUP Lottery Number is the order that roommate groups choose their room.
- Year of Graduation 2024 – Random Individual Lottery Number will begin with 100
- Year of Graduation 2025 – Random Individual Lottery Number will begin with 1,000
- Year of Graduation 2026 – Random Individual Lottery Number will begin with 2,000
Your GROUP lottery number is the average of everyone’s individual lottery number within your matched roommate group. Your GROUP lottery number is the order you will choose your room.
- EXAMPLE: Senior student A receives an individual lottery number of 150. Junior student B receives an individual lottery number of 1200. These 2 students wish to live together, and fully-match via the online system. Their new GROUP lottery number is 675 (150 +1200/2)
- EXAMPLE: Sophomore student A receives an individual lottery number of 2100. They have not matched with any roommates, so they are considered a “group of 1” – their GROUP lottery number is 2100.
3+1 | 4+1 | Graduate Students
3+1 and 4+1 Students will be included with the Class of 2023.
Graduate STUDENTS (NOT including 3+1/4+1) who are interested in housing for 2022-2022, please email Residence Life no later than March 31st, 2022 at 4 PM. We have limited spaces reserved for Graduate students for 2023-2024.
Graduate ASSISTANTS: If a graduate student is a Nichols College graduate ASSISTANT, they are unable to live in the same living space as our current undergraduate students. We have VERY LIMITED graduate ASSISTANT housing available. If a graduate student is interested in living on campus, please have the student email firstname.lastname@example.org.