Room Selection is performed every spring- this year it will take place in February/March.
The Room Selection process is for our current returning students. New students joining in Fall 2021 will complete a separate process over the summer. Please read each step to make sure you understand the 2021-2022 process.
*Current commuters and remote students are welcome and eligible for Room Selection. Commuters and remote students must follow all steps and meet all deadlines listed. Refer to Step 5, Lottery Numbers, for more information.
Step 1: Eligibility Requirements
Step 2: Choosing a Roommate
Step 3: Finding a Room
Step 4: The Online Housing Application / Intent Form (Due by April 1st, 2021 by 4 PM via Online System)
Step 5: Lottery Numbers
Step 6: Room Selection Time Frames
Important Housing Documents
- Access the Housing Portal → here
- How to Access the Housing Application → here
- 2021-2022 Proxy Form
- Returning Student Housing Accommodation Form
- Guide to Completing the Housing Application → here
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, January 25th → Housing Application available
- Wednesday, March 17th at 3 PM → ADA/504 Housing Accommodation paperwork due
- Tuesday, March 30th at 4 PM → All SFS holds must be cleared
- Thursday, April 1st 2021 at 4 PM → Housing Application deadline
- Housing Application due (via online system)
- Roommates must be fully matched
- April 12th – April 16th → Room selection days
- Thursday, June 1st at 4 PM → Students must be registered for a full academic course load (minimum 12 credits) for Fall 2021 or they will be removed from their housing assignment.
- If this happens there is no guarantee that their original assignment will be available once they registered for Fall 2021 classes.