Have you started packing to join us on the Hill? Do you have a shopping trip coming up to get your must haves for community living? Unsure what to bring with you? Luckily, we can help with that! Here you will find some suggested items to bring, what you cannot bring, and what items to coordinate with your roommate(s)!
View our full Welcome Home Brochure for more info!
- Pillows, bed linens, blanket, mattress pad, towels
- All halls have extra-long twin mattresses
- For information and online ordering of student linen packages, click here.
- General cleaning and laundry supplies
- If you are placed in Shamie Hall you will need bathroom cleaning supplies, as well as supply your own toilet paper
- Laundry Services are free; however, you need to provide your own laundry soap, dryer sheets, etc.
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm clock
- Power strips with surge protector
- Cable wire (coaxial)
- Cable splitter – while there is only one cable port in the room, you may have more than one TV per room
- School Supplies
- Renters Insurance
- For information on Renters Insurance, click here.
- Personal safe
- Personal items (prescription medications, iPad, posters, photos)
- Cell phone (rooms do not come with individual phone lines)
Items to Coordinate with Your Roommate
- Television, stereo equipment
- Limit of two fridges per room with a maximum of 6.0 cu.ft. combined
- Small Microwave (800 watts or less)
- Area rug/bathroom rug
- Extra furniture (chair, futon, etc.)
- Extra storage
*Please keep in mind we discourage roommates from splitting the cost of big items* (fridge, microwave, printers, etc.)
Items Not Permitted
- Pets, except fish in no greater than a 10 gallon tank
- Halogen lamps
- Candles and incense
- Space heater, air conditioners, ceiling fan
- Any cooking element with an exposed coil (hot plates, toaster oven, etc.)
- Any items outlined in the Student Code of Conduct