Room Selection is performed every Spring.
The Room Selection and Lottery Process is for our current returning students. New Students joining in Fall 2020 will complete a separate process over the Summer.
Please read each step in the 2020- 2021 process.
Step 1 – Eligibility Requirements
Step 2 – Choosing a Roommate
Step 3 – Finding A Room
Step 4 – The Online Housing Application / Intent Form (Due by 4pm, February 24, 2020 via ONLINE system)
Step 5 – Lottery Numbers
Step 6 – Room Selection / Lottery Nights
*Current commuters are welcome and eligible for Room Selection / Housing Lottery. Commuters must follow all steps and meet all deadlines listed. Refer to Step 5 Lottery Numbers for more information.*
Important Housing Documents
- Click Here to Access the Housing Portal
- Step by Step Guide -Housing Application and Choosing your Roommates
- Proxy Form 2020-2021
- Returning Student Housing Accommodation Form 2020-2021
- Housing Agreement 2020-2021
- Room Selection Poster
- Room Selection-Mailing
Important Dates to Remember
- Housing Application available beginning November 4, 2019
- Housing Application must be completed by February 24, 2020 at 4pm via online system
- Roommates must be chosen and FULLY matched by February 24, 2020 at 4pm via online system
- ADA/504 Housing Accommodation Paperwork due by February 19, 2020 at 3pm to Office of Student Life
- Must clear any SFS holds by February 25, 2020 at 4pm
- Room Selection Nights are March 2, 2020 through March 5, 2020
- Students must be registered for Fall 2020 classes with a full academic coarse load (minimum of 12 credits) by May 11, 2020 at 4pm or they will be removed
from their housing assignment, with no guarantee that their original chosen assignment will be available once they are registered for Fall 2020 classes.
Termination of Housing Contract-Change of Status to Commuter
- The Housing License Contract includes both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters, students who break the contact will receive a termination of contract charge.
- If a housing request is withdrawn for 2020-2021 from the date a student’s housing assignment is picked/assigned until add/drop week is over in Fall 2020, the student will be responsible for the payment of $250 for the termination of the housing contract. To withdraw your request for housing, the student must email email@example.com from their Nichols College email address and confirm that they do NOT want/need on campus housing for the Fall term. Your student account and financial aid package will be adjusted to reflect commuter versus resident status.
- Students who withdraw from housing after the end of add/drop week in Fall 2020, will be responsible for payment of the $500 for the termination of the housing contract. To withdraw your request for housing the student must email firstname.lastname@example.org from their Nichols College email address and confirm that they will NOT want/need on campus housing for the Fall term. Your student account and financial aid package will be adjusted to reflect commuter versus resident status.
Unsure how to fill out the Housing Application? Have a questions about Room Selection nights? Come to one of our info sessions! Feel free to swing by Fels 301 or email email@example.com to make an appointment if you need additional help as well.
All Info Sessions will be held at 3:30pm in Fels 210
- January 23rd
- January 28th
- February 5th
- February 10th
- February 20th