Choosing a Roommate(s) or Signing Up as a Group of 1
Below you will find the directions for Logging into the Housing Portal and our Step by Step Guide to filling out your housing application.
- Click here to access the Housing Portal
- Step by Step Guide-Housing Application and Choosing Roommates
- First off, find your roommates. Make sure that your roommates have met all the eligibility requirements to sign up for room selection (SEE STEP 1). Anyone not meeting the requirements is NOT able to sign up for a room. If your Housing Application Form lists them as a member of your room/group, that will definitely have an effect on your ability to get the room of your choice.
- Roommates must all fill out the Housing Application. Follow the step by step guide.
Once you decide on your roommates you will request them through The Online Housing Portal. To request a roommate they must have already filled out the Housing Application or you will not see them and will not be able to request them. If you can’t find them, contact them and ask them to fill out the Housing Application. This Housing Application will be available beginning on November 4, 2019 and must be completed no later than, February 24, 2020 at 4pm.
- Match your roommates. By February 24, 2020 at 4pm, your roommate group must be FULLY matched. Follow the step by step guide available right here on The Portal or at the Residence Life Office. Failure to have a FULLY matched group of roommates will result in you not receiving the roommates of your choice.
- Where would you like to live? All of our buildings have are unique and not everyone will get their first choice during Room Selection. Keep this in mind and have a back-up plan. See Step 3 – Finding a Room for all options of residence halls.
- At Room Selection night, to reserve a suite or room of more than two, you must have the appropriate number of people to fill that unit. Example: A roommate group going into a quad suite in Kuppenheimer Hall must have four people in the group. YOU MUST FILL THE SPACE. This means three students would not be eligible to reserve a quad (four person room) in Kuppenheimer Hall. A single student (Group of 1) would be allowed to pick a traditional double room, or would need to fill the second space in a double.
- If you do you not have enough people to fill your desired space for housing… use The Housing Portal “ADVANCED FIND” to seek out roommates using your personal preferences. Try not to pick too many preferences, remember no one will be a perfect match. Remember all roommates must be FULLY matched on The Online Housing Portal by February 24, 2020 at 4pm.
Please note anyone who is in a specific room based on medical accommodations must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form to receive those accommodations EACH year. This form can be found here and on the Housing Lottery main page. These requests should be completed and given to the Office of Student Life in Fels 301 prior to 3pm on February 19, 2020.